Why is polished concrete good for the environment?
We pride ourselves in doing our part to protect the environment. And polishing concrete is one way we honor that commitment.
That's because the restoration of existing concrete floors reduces the environmental impact that new construction or demolition would generate. That makes it friendly to the environment, along with:
• Polished concrete is a low maintenance floor resulting in the use of no dangerous chemicals or VOCs.
• The reflective nature of polished concrete allows owners to reduce lighting and save energy.
• With exceptional durability, a polished concrete floor means there are no disposal issues that come from VCT or epoxy floors.
• The thermal mass of polished concrete floors tend to reduce heating and cooling loads. That saves energy.
• Polished concrete floors are totally fire resistant.